Learn common commands used on a Windows command line (cmd) prompt & create / program batch scripts to automate tasks
One of the many tools that administrators use on a daily basis is the Windows Command Line / Prompt. Over this course, you’ll learn the following skills, which are often used in the real world:
* How to create, rename, move and delete files and directories.
* The different types of file systems and how to navigate between directories
* Setting the date and time on your PC using the date, time and tzutil commands
* Managing and formatting disk drives using the Diskpart command
* Shutting down, restarting and logging off your machine
* Viewing and applying group policy information using the Gpupdate and Gpresult commands
* Creating batch files and some of the most common commands used within them.
* How to access Windows Management Instrumentation database (WMI) information using the WMIC command
Whilst there are some differences between versions of Windows, a lot of these commands haven’t changed since Windows 2000, meaning that any prior knowledge of this subject, while not essential by any means, would be advantageous.