I love seeing students get their articles published in magazines and web sites and get paid for it!
This course is intended for those who
- Want to earn extra income as a freelance writer, or even write full-time from home.
- Want to become an “in-demand” published writer with lucrative contracts.
- Want to make money while learning and informing others at the same time.
- Want to see their name in print (or online at a reputable publication).
You really can make a lot of money as a freelance publication writer.
I’ve been writing for magazines and online media for two decades, oftentimes making over $1,000 a month from writing only 2 articles that month (each of which only take me about 2 to 3 hours to write). Some months I make much more, writing for print magazines and web sites at the same time. Plenty of writers make much more! It really depends on how much work you put into it, and many other factors I cover in this course.
In this course, I walk you through the freelance writing process:
- Finding topics and lucrative markets
- Pitching story ideas to editors
- The contract process
- Researching and interviewing
- Writing and revising
- Getting published and getting paid!
- Creating an effective writing portfolio with or without published clips
I describe the specific magazines and web sites I have written for, how much they have paid me, and how to find markets to submit your writings to. Unlike many other courses, this is not a “get rich quick scheme” and I make no claims without proof.
Some markets pay in the hundreds per article, and some pay in the thousands, and it is possible to achieve this success! Writing a few articles each week can lead to a full-time career as a freelance writer.
Besides writing for many different national and international magazines and web sites (a few of which I talk about in my first lecture, see free preview), I have also been on the other side of the editorial process, working at various newspapers as well as managing editor of two international graphic design magazines at Kelby Media Group.
I have an M.A. in Journalism and Media Studies from the University of South Florida, St. Petersburg, and I have a Ph.D. in Communication from Regent University. I’m a full-time university professor of graphic design and digital journalism. My university students have become award-winning newspaper journalists, broadcast journalists, creative specialists, and public relations professionals.
Enrolling in this course gives you access to
- all lectures
- helpful handouts including query letter examples
- discussion boards to show others your writings for peer review critiques and to ask me questions that you may have to improve your writing
- any new lectures or handouts that will be added with updates
Enroll now and get started as a paid freelance writer!
Udemy Coupon Code : https://www.udemy.com/make-money-writing/?couponCode=WRITERS