This course is designed for those students who are interested in learning how to use a non-linear editing (NLE) system who are keen to learn how to edit drama. Techniques used are similar to those used by professional television editors, based on my own experiences of working on a range of projects over the past 30 years.
The editing technique is demonstrated using Adobe Premiere Pro, but if you are familiar with other NLE systems you should be able to transpose the actions across to your own editing platform.
- Course introduction
- Theory of editing & NLE interfaces
- Video clips used in the demonstrations
- Locating, copying and importing clips
- Synchronising audio and video clips
- Viewing merged clips and marking up script
- How to do the first assembly edit through to final cut?
- How to edit sound once picture lock has been reached?
- Creating graphics, exporting scene and uploading to YouTube.
- Course Conclusion
Currently, the course contains nearly 7 hours of tutorials (including 20 minutes of video and 22 minutes of audio that you can download to edit following the demonstrations).