Many tutorials exist on “how to start your app development business” or “how to create a iOS and Android-based business”, but none of them give include the MISSING PIECE: the legal and business information you need to run your freelancing career or development firm like a professional.
By the end of this course, you will learn how to save yourself hiring a $500/hour attorney and empower yourself to know how to stay within the law as well as know how the law can protect you: like when you’re battling copyright infringement on the app stores.
WHO AM I? I’m an IP lawyer who works with creative professionals like web designers, game developers, and Youtubers. Some of my clients are the most-viewed, most subscribed to video creators and social media personalities on the internet.
WHY DID I CREATE THIS? I’ve advised literally 100’s of aspiring creatives for free out of the kindness of my own heart over the years. To ensure that I could help as many people as possible, even the people who can’t pay may rate as an attorney, I am building this course. My goal is to ensure that you take the path of least resistance and most reward. I used to be a graphic designer and filmmaker myself after all, so I want to give back to creators/freelancers.
Do you want to get the information that you’d get in a $500 an hour consultation with a lawyer BUT can you not afford to invest that type of money right now? This course is for you.
I want to see entrepreneurs and creatives who want create jobs and create art succeed. I’d like your new ideas to change the world. I want to empower you to understand of the law now so it doesn’t get in your way later. Problems that are easy to solve now can cost a fortune to fix later.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- 30 Day money back guarantee! – If you don’t like it, get your money back
- Write and negotiate your own contracts for clients to avoid paying a lawyer $500 an hour to do it for you. I’ll review several web developer contract templates that you may encounter paragraph by paragraph. I’ll explain in detail what each section means, so you can know what to include in your standard business terms
- Avoid losing clients. If you turn in work to clients that is unusable because it violates copyright or other intellectual property laws, you’ll lose that client.
- Avoid doing unpaid revisions. Learn how to write a contract that prohibits your clients from making you do unnecessary revisions and unpaid revisions. Also, learn how to avoid making unusable work that violates IP laws that you will have to revise.
- Save time and keep your clients longer. Learn how to develop a set of “standard business terms” to streamline the time it takes to lock in new clients. Avoid having to make multiple contracts for multiple projects since if you do it properly, you only need one.
- Understand when you may need a lawyer as a app developer / iOS and Android developer. Once you’re successful enough that you can hire an attorney, learn what kind of lawyer you may need, how to find that person, and how to negotiate for the lowest fee.
- Avoid law suits. Although a law suit is unlikely, one threat of legal action could destroy your entire business. Learn the information you need to prevent legal problems now and prevent them from ever arising.
- Ask me questions directly. I’ll be adding more free videos and content to the course based on your questions. In the discussion board you will have the opportunity to ask questions and get personal feedback (please note: I can’t give specific legal advice in the discussion board)!
- Certificate of Completion
- Discounts on future courses
- Lock in your price now. Since I’m going to be adding new content each week, the price of the course will raise. If you want to get that new content for free, now is the time to buy.