Udemy – Byte Size Chunks : Java Multithreading [100% off]
- Prerequisites: Basic understanding of Java
- Taught by a Stanford-educated, ex-Googler, husband-wife team
- Please don’t take this class if you have already signed up for our From 0 to 1: Learn Java Programming course (that includes a far longer and more in-depth version of this material)
This is a quick and handy course with exactly what you need to know (nothing more, nothing less!) about multithreading and concurrency in Java
Let’s parse that.
- The course is quick and handy: It explains multithreading and concurrency in Java in just the right level of detail for you to put these to work today.
- The course has exactly what you need – nothing more, nothing less. It starts from zero, builds up the design, then gives plenty of real-world examples, but crisply and quickly.
- The course is also quirky. The examples are irreverent. Lots of little touches: repetition, zooming out so we remember the big picture, active learning with plenty of quizzes. There’s also a peppy soundtrack, and art – all shown by studies to improve cognition and recall.
- Context: Why threading matters, and why it is getting more important as CPU architectures evolve and cloud-computing catches on
- The basics: threads, processes, shared memory and inter-thread communcation
- Old-school Java threading: Runnable and Thread objects and using them
- New-age Java threading: Callable and Future objects, executors and other services
- Semantics: the synchronized and volatile keywords
- Case study: Double-checked locking and the singleton pattern
Using discussion forums
Please use the discussion forums on this course to engage with other students and to help each other out. Unfortunately, much as we would like to, it is not possible for us at Loonycorn to respond to individual questions from students:-(
We’re super small and self-funded with only 2-3 people developing technical video content. Our mission is to make high-quality courses available at super low prices.
The only way to keep our prices this low is to *NOT offer additional technical support over email or in-person*. The truth is, direct support is hugely expensive and just does not scale.
We understand that this is not ideal and that a lot of students might benefit from this additional support. Hiring resources for additional support would make our offering much more expensive, thus defeating our original purpose.
It is a hard trade-off.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Udemy Coupon Code : https://www.udemy.com/bsc-java-multithreading/?couponCode=YCHNJL25
Share with your friends :