Udemy – Copyright Basics: How to Protect Your Work from Piracy [100% off]
You’re an artist… a graphic designer… you’re writing a book… you’ve developed a website, you’re a photographer, you’ve recorded some great music.. .. you’re a start-up.
In that case, you really need to understand how to protect your intellectual property. It could be your most valuable asset- and the easiest to steal.
Someone breaks into Coca Cola’s premises and steals a truck. That’s easy to sort out. A truck is physical. Coca Cola owned the truck, they taxed it, they registered it. They even insured it against theft.
Your photos. Your designs. Your novel. Your music composition are your intellectual property, so you need to understand the basics of copyright protection.
What will you learn in this Copyright Basics: How to Copyright?
- The really basic stuff, like how to type a Copyright symbol © on your computer – you know, the little C in a circle in this copyright basics course.
- The difference between copyright, patenting and trade mark protection. Why protecting a product design is different from a graphic design.
- The ins and outs of registering copyright – and I’ll explain the dangers in using what’s called ‘Poor man’s Copyright’
- I’ll reveal all the misconceptions – and there are lots! For example – THERE IS NO EQUIVALENT of the Drugs Enforcement Agency. There ARE no copyright cops. There is no authority that will sort out disputes for you
- How to find out if someone has already registered a trademark
- How the music industry and book publishers are protecting themselves against internet Pirate sites.
And I’ll show you how, even as a one-man band, you can get someone who infringes your copyright to desist – without going to law.