Udemy – A Startup’s Guide to Hiring a Virtual Assistant [100% off] Worth $99
This course is a deep-dive into hiring a VA (virtual assistant) for your startup/software company. It answers every question I’ve been asked about hiring a VA. I’ve hired more than 20 remote workers over the past 6 years.
The course is broken up into 4 parts:
Part 1: Why a VA?
- What is a VA and why would a startup founder want to hire one?
- What kind of tasks can they help with?
- Isn’t it faster to do things yourself (and be sure they get done correctly)?
Part 2: All Your Questions Answered
- Can you hire a VA part-time?
- Should you hire part-time or full-time?
- Are they paid hourly or do you have to buy a block of hours?
- Are there long-term commitments?
- What are the pros and cons of hiring someone domestic vs. international?
- Should you hire a firm or an individual?
- How do you keep a VA from making off with sensitive data, code, passwords, etc…?
Part 3: Hiring Your VA
- Where do you find good VAs?
- What does your 4-step hiring process look like?
- Job listing
- Profile filter
- Q&A filter
- Task filter
Part 4: Working with Your VA
- How can you ensure you aren’t being over-billed?
- How do you send passwords and other sensitive data to your VAs?
- What are the best types of jobs to delegate to a VA?
- What’s the best way to train a VA on a new task?
The course consists of:
- 4 video discussions
- Audio versions of each
- Course notes/outline for each
- A full transcript of each
- A VA job posting I’ve used to hire several VAs
- A sample VA training screencast & process document