Level up your Solidworks skills by mastering the Sheet Metal module!
Solidworks is one of the most popular and powerful 3D CAD programs in the world. Millions of people use it to design everything from 3D-printed toys all the way up to fully-working mechanical vehicles.
However, as well as being used for solid models, Solidworks also has a powerful Sheet Metal module that can be used to virtually make 3D parts from flat sheets.
Now you can join the ranks of Solidworks Sheet Metal users, and learn to create your own Sheet Metal models!
Why this course is different
There are many Sheet Metal courses online, but none quite like this one:
- The course covers every Sheet Metal tool in depth and includes the theory behind Sheet Metal concepts like Bend Allowance.
- Taught by a Solidworks professional! The instructor been using Solidworks since 2006 and even taken a range of official Solidworks-certified training courses. The instructor currently works as a Product Design Engineer and uses Solidworks every day to design all sorts of things for real clients – no academic-only experience here!
- Built on previous feedback! This course is built upon the instructors other best-selling Solidworks courses, and on the feedback from over 7,000 previous students on Udemy alone.
- Understand the wider context of Sheet Metal use. As well as explaining the basic Sheet Metal techniques this course also details real world applications and uses, such as the best material to select for the projects, and manufacturing tips.
About this course
This courses includes:
- Over 4 hours of high-quality original video.
- Sections contain additional resources such as downloadable models and drawings, made specially for the course.
- Prompt, support from expert instructor. Have a question? We are always here to support any questions and take a look at your progress.
You will learn
Over the course of eleven detailed sections you’ll learn the entire range of Sheet Metal skills, including:
- Introduction to the Course – What it covers, how to use the course, and how best to get support
- Getting Started with Sheet Metal – Base Flanges, Sheet Metal Properties and Material Selection
- Adding Bends – Edge Flanges – one of the most Fundamental Sheet Metal features
- Basic Sheet Metal Features – Adding and Removing Material, Miter Flanges, Hems, Jogs and Sketched Bends
- Advanced/Specialist Sheet Metal Tools – Crossbreak, Swept Flange, Gusset, Lofted Bend, Tab and Slot, Vent, Unfold and Fold processes
- Corner Details – Various Corner Tools available in Solidworks Sheet Metal
- Creating Sheet Metal Parts in Other Ways – Insert Bends, Convert to Sheet Metal
- Forming Tools – Basic Use, modifying existing Forming Tools, and making and using entirely custom Forming Tools
- Practical Example – Making an Enclosure – Many of the previous skills are now combined to create a multi-sheet Enclosure Model
- 2D Drawings and Exporting Files – 2D Sheet Metal drawings and also how to export Sheet Metal parts into file types that can be widely used by third-party machines.
- Conclusion – This final section briefly recaps the entire course.
The course is taught using Solidworks 2019 but the models and resources used will work with any version newer than that. If you have a previous version (2015-2018, or earlier) then users can still follow along and use the course but won’t be able to open the optional, example models. There might also be slight differences in interface and terminology between versions.
So sign up today, and begin your first steps in the exciting world of Sheet Metal modelling!
100% OFF Limited Time
Udemy Coupon Code : Solidworks Sheet Metal | Udemy