Notice: Please do NOT enrol on this course on impulse, thinking you might watch it later. Maybe show an interest on impulse, yes, but before you enrol, watch the Preview videos, read the Course Description and then make a decision. If you then enrol then please start the course as soon as possible. Watch the lectures, look at the workbooks and join in the discussions. Joining my courses is a serious business and I want you to get the most out of your study – but I also want you to enjoy the course.
That is why I am asking that you only enrol because you really want to and that you start the course intending to make full use of all the resources.
You will be very welcome.
Five reasons to TAKE THIS COURSE right now:
- You cannot lose – 30 day refund if you really really don’t like the course BUT if you DO like it:
a. updated lectures
b. case studies based on very very current news items
c. detailed responses to messages
d. I constantly attempt to have a ‘class atmosphere’ e.g. throwing questions open to all
e. regular Announcements that are not disguised sales ploys
f. regular FREE access to numerous other courses offered by me
- I am a lecturer/teacher in Economics by trade i.e. I teach full-time for a living. I have been Principal, Director of Studies and Head of Economics. (Oxford, UK) I have lectured in University, adult evening classes and also run over 50 seminars in the UK
- I am/have been an Examiner for FIVE different examination boards
- I have 100+ books on Amazon – many of them about business/economics
- The success of my students has been featured on the BBC, Daily Telegraph, The Times and I have been featured on TV in 2 countries.
I make courses on Udemy primarily because I enjoy the process of causing learning. Many of my courses are to improve lives. One of the Economics courses is to raise money for charity. (100% of revenue goes to the charity) Fundamentally this course is about helping you.
About this course
This is an economics course about the economic impact of the 2018 World Cup. (Macro economics and micro economics) By basing the course around the World Cup we make the subject , relevant, approachable and Economics actually becomes…. easy!
We look at the impact of the World Cup on various countries but also consider the economic theory behind this impact.
Macro economics concepts include:
- The multiplier
- Economic growth
- International trade
- Aggregate demand
- Government economic policy
- Balance of payments
We also apply game theory to penalty shoot-outs. (Football) The course starts off with the 2014 World Cup but quickly moves on to the impact of hosting the football tournament, of qualifying (or not) and actually winning he final.
We also consider controversies and…Pussy Riot!
Although the course is looking at the World Cup, make no mistake, this is all economics, economics, economics!
July 2019: Workbook added on Economics and decluttering
Chapter 1 : The economics of decluttering
Chapter 2: Decluttering the company
Chapter 3: How to declutter like an Economist
Chapter 4: Buy less…
Chapter 5: The economics of tidying up
Chapter 6: Declutter your business
Chapter 7: Mistakes people make when decluttering
Chapter 8: The Kondo Effect: the economy-changing magic of tidying up
- Sunk costs
- Costs of clutter
- 5S lean manufacturing
- Lean management
- Declutter your mail inbox
- Declutter your home office
- Wasting time and opportunities
- Thinking like an economist
- A rich life with less stuff
- How much is enough
- The art of letting go
- Status quo bias
- Diminishing returns
- Decluttering mistakes
- Marie Kondo
- Minimalism and economics: the endowment effect
30 December 2019
Workbook added on Economics 2020
100% OFF Limited Time
Udemy Coupon Code : Learn Economics Principles through Football! | Udemy